Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The roads taken

I remember wanting to visit at least five places over the year 2008. Turns out I did much more than that. I almost did a tour each month and some of them were the best places I have been to. My personal favorite being the village tour. Traveling somehow has become almost an addictive habit with me this year. Every month or so, my itch to get out of the place and see the world out there just increases. Listed are all of my "getting outs" over the year.

  • January - The Boat trip along river Godavari from Bhadrachalam
  • February - Talakona Forests and the Horsely hills in South Andhra Pradesh
  • March - Trip to Bangalore and the trek to Palad. This was an amazing trek that lasted 2 days when we walked over 30 kms in the jungles where Veerappan once roamed.
  • April - NagarjunSagar. This was one of those boring trips done in the summer heats!
  • June - Mumbai and Pune.
  • July - The road trip to Kuntala and Pochera falls. Water soaked and wind hit all the way!
  • August - The road trip to Araku and Vizag. Another one of those whimsical trips which involved visiting places with as few people as possible.
  • December - Compensated for a drought of 4 months by going to 2 places in the same month. Made a tour of srilanka initially. Though only for a short period, it was fun! Then was the village tour to the end.
May the Vagabond prevail!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just makes me envy you.Why don't you write more about your expeditions.Then we can enjoy it vicariously.

Anish said...

Thats good stuff Makdee .. Good Stuff ..
You keep covering the South..
I'll keep covering the north ..

Here's my Roads taken [2008] :

Jan : Mussorie, Dhanolti , Dehradun
Feb : Jaipur
Sep : Kulu, Manali , Rohtang
December : Agra, Fatehpur Sikri

Other than this, theres Hrishikesh, Byasi etc. etc.

So lemme know if you have plans in this side of the world. :)

Sriram Makineedi said...

Will definitely do dude!
Infact next one hopefully around bombay .. so hopefully we can meet up :)