Friday, January 1, 2010

Another year come and gone..

As a principle, I hate Newyears and Bdays and any other so called days that attract too much attention and hype. I somehow fail to share the same joy with which others prepare, plan and proceed to execute the 'Most important day of my life' every new years eve.

So whats the big deal?

You get an year older..
You get together and drink with your friends (after paying 1500 for the couple entry) which otherwise you would normally do at home anyway..
Contrary to my opinions, You have an unnecessary pressure and being good and doing good on the first day of the year
You have resolutions to take and mull over those that you have broken
There is this notion that you have to smile, look good and most importantly, Look Happy!
You notice extraordinary amounts of attention by papers, media and people in general. Guess its just good business

For me all these days are just another day that has come and gone
I rather have fun when there is no pressure to have fun
This pressure and this expectation is probably what causes my indifference

P.S. My MBA is not to be blamed

No comments: