Friday, January 1, 2010

The Roads taken - 2009

Here is what I had written exactly an year ago - Roads taken 2008

An year down, I see in retrospect and it hasn't been that bad really!
I had my share of travels and here is the short list.

Jan - Road trip - Hyderabad - Horsley hills - Talakona - Hyderabad. A total of 1350 kms in 2 days and in 2 cars. A nights' sleep in the open on a hill in sleeping bags!

March - Bangalore

May - After about 5 months of being busy with 'cat prep' and 'interview' and what-nots, The drought was ended with an awesome road trip to Kerala. Again 2300 kms in 7 days.. Slept on railway platforms, in tea plantations, trekked in Wayanad, Rode the beaches of Kasargod and saw the beauty of Agumbe and Hampi

June - Yet another month of immense travel. This time my travels took me west to Germany, Switzerland and France. Mesmerized by the meadows of Switzerland, the Autobahn of Germany and the Eiffel tower of Paris, This would be one trip that I am not going to forget

Followed it up with a road trip to Rajahmundry and Kakinada.. With roads like those.. it was pure driving pleasure

December - Ended it up with a trip up north to Dudwa wild life sanctuary on the border of Nepal. 2 days .. nothing but the forests and us!

Wanderlust Prevails ..

No comments: